www.sendmoneypacific.org has been created through the joint Australian and New Zealand Governments' led Empowering Migrants through Pacific Remittances (EMPR) program. EMPR aims to enable all people in Australia and New Zealand who send remittances to Pacific Island countries to meaningfully engage with remittance market service providers, select providers that best suit their needs, and maximise the value of remittances sent to Pacific households. EMPR including SendMoneyPacific is now managed by CulturalPulse.
This website provides important information on the many choices migrants living in Australia and New Zealand have when sending money back to their families and friends in the Pacific island nations of the Cook Islands, Fiji, Kiribati, Niue, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Timor-Leste, Tonga, Tuvalu and Vanuatu.
When you want to send money back home the important things that you may need to know are:
- How can I send my money?
- If I send an amount in AUD/NZD, how much will actually be received by my friends or family and in which currency?
- What is the true cost to me to send this money?
- What is the exchange rate?
- What documents/information do I need to provide to send money?
- What documents/information does the person I'm sending to need in order to collect the money
- How long will it take for my money to arrive?
- Will the person I'm sending to have to pay anything as well?
- What protection is in place to make sure the money is received?
- What do I do if things go wrong?
- Where can the money be collected?
Save your family money
Before you send money back to your families, make SendMoneyPacific your first stop. You can compare the fees and foreign exchange rates of many different money transfer companies, and have a better idea about what your friends or family will receive. Often the savings can be large and the money you save can go into the hands of your families at home.
We publish this information on our website so people sending money to their families can get the best deal possible.
SendMoneyPacific is not a money transfer service. It is a website that allows you to compare the costs for free.
SendMoneyPacific has been certified by the World Bank for meeting the 12 key minimum mandatory requirements of a national remittance price database.